A fourth year’s final swan song.
As my four years in St Andrews draw to a close I felt that my last article for The Tribe should be a compilation of memories accumulated in this tiny town I’ve been privileged enough to call my home. My time here has been defined by the friends I have laughed with, cried with, partied with and studied with. As such I asked them to send me a few memories and/or things that they would miss about ‘The Bubble,’ so, here they are. Some are personal, some are more general. I hope you enjoy reading them. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed.
- The feeling you get whenever you come back from St Andrews after a break or the summer – it feels like you’ve never gone and that you never want to leave again…and you just can’t exactly figure out why.
- Running on the beach… in mental weather.
- Trips to Ely, dinners at No. 27, parties at Blue Balconies.
- Being able to see the sea every single day.
- I miss Castle Sands being open!
- Blue balconies extravaganzas and the ladies that host them.
- Walking down College Street in the fog and feeling like I’m going back in time.
- Getting taps at the May dip.
- I’ll really miss bumping into people I know every time I walk down the street…though it will make Tesco trips so much quicker!
- Snow on the sand.
- Tea and caramel shortbread at McGregors.
- Going on midnight runs at West Sands.
-ASOS knowing the way our house because of the number of black tie dresses that arrived, BBQs on East Sands, lunches at North Point (and the malteser Hot Chocolate), Kinkell ruining multiple pairs of heels, the Lizard’s flashing dance floor, seeing all your friends (and people you don’t want to see) in Tesco. Any friend being less than five minutes away.
- Maisha takeaways.
- Always being within three streets of everything.
- Hugh Grant chasing.
- Sweets at Burns.
- Going to May Ball praying that you’ll be the only one in the dress that’s been hanging in the window of H&M for weeks.
- Bonfires on Castle Sands, listening to Meek trying to play his guitar, all the wonderwalls.
Please leave your memories of St Andrews in the comments – fourth year or not, we would love to hear them all.
Louise Gundry with Heather Ramsay, Laura Fisher, Megan Flynn, Kieran McGrath, Josh Carter, Vivian Bernfeld, Libby Perry, Gavin Jackson, Nina Moog, Jenny Freeman, Amrit Thind, Nicky Milne, Josh Meek, Nick Guy and Emma Varley.