-1 large ripe tomato
-3 ripe avocados
-juice of 2 small limes
-a generous handful coriander, both leaves and stalks chopped, plus a few leaves left over as garnish
-½ large onion – red is better, but white works too
-3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
-1 teaspoon chili flakes
-salt and pepper to taste
-And, of course, chips or bread or whatever you like to put guacamole on
-2 knives (non-serrated)
-a spoon to scoop out delish avocado flesh
-a cutting board
-a large bowl
-a fork or, if you’re fancy, a whisk for smushing the avocado
1. Use one of your knives to chop the tomato into thumbnail size pieces then put the pieces into a bowl.
2.Halve and slice up the avocado however you like (to make mashing them easy later on). Just remember to save the stone (the pit-like thing in the middle)!* Use the spoon to scoop out the avocado flesh into a large bowl.
3. Chop up all your other ingredients, and pour them in the bowl as well.
4. Use your fork (or fancy whisk) to roughly smush everything together- not too much though, this is CHUNKY guacamole.
5. Season to taste with the salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
6. Put the coriander leaves on top, and serve up!
*You save the stone from the avocado just in case you have any leftover guacamole. You can put the stone in the remainder of the guac and it won’t go brown in the fridge!