However, here are some fun facts: pumpkin spice has no pumpkin or pumpkin flavor in it. And you can make it at home.
Pumpkin spice, also known in the baking world as pumpkin pie spice, is simply the combination of everyday household spices used to flavor the perennial American classic: the pumpkin pie. It’s easy to make and can be added to, say, a regular latte or regular pancakes to get that taste of Autumn you crave without you going broke in the process. So, white girls of St Andrews, rejoice! You no longer need your parents to send you over boxes of your favorite pumpkin spice products or panic about how you’ll get your autumn ‘fix’. All you need is a few spices and less than 5 minutes to make all the pumpkin spice you could need.
Easy Pumpkin Spice Mix:
- 1/3 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tablespoon ground nutmeg or mace
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Mix together evenly and store in a sealed jar. Keep no longer than 6 months for optimal freshness.
- Add to just about anything.
It’s just that easy, folks! Enjoy, ironically or otherwise!
by Kam’s World