Want some self-revelation? Inspiration for your next holiday? Gain the best (personalised) travel-related advice that you could come across with On the Road’s new ‘Trashy Internet Quiz’ series. Just write down the number corresponding to each answer you choose:
I. How stressful has this semester been?
- I’m in first year or very chilled
- Fine actually
- Have only left the library to get coffee and sleep
- Catastrophically stressful
II. What is your Favorite Christmas meal?
- Turkey and cranberries
- Roasted chestnuts or Panetone
- Anything my parents cook
- I prefer fruit
III. What is your favourite thing about the winter?
- Clear skies/frost
- Winter sports
- Christmas markets/lit up cities
- Prefer the summer
IV. What is your budget?
- Might have spent it all on coffee
- About £2000
V. What has been getting to you most recently?
- Clouds obscuring the stars at night
- Been sitting/working for too long
- Been in the same place for too long
- Shitty student accommodation
- The cold
VI. What temperature are you craving?
- What a stupid question
- Below 0
- 0-10 degrees
- The warmth of a fire
- Over 25 degrees
VII. How adventurous are you feeling?
- Been deprived of adrenaline all term
- Want to see something new
- I just want to sleep
- Would be more adventurous if I wasn’t so cold
VIII. Which sounds most inviting right now?
- The stars
- A beautiful sunset
- Seeing my dog/cat/guinea pig
- Some really nice food
IX. Pick an Artist
- Yayoi Kusama
- Peter Doig
- Yan Van Eyck
X. Pick a Christmas movie
- A Cosmic Christmas
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (old one)
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- The Family Stone
- Nightmare before Christmas
Results:Mostly a’s: Outerspace. You have the energy and the cash, so why not?
Mostly b’s: “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, “This is what it is to be happy.” If skiing was able to make even Sylvia Plath feel better, it’ll definitely be a good antidote to sitting around writing essays/labs.
Mostly c’s: German Christmas markets, Champs-Elysees in the snow, perhaps a Muscovite dome in the distance? You should go inter-railing.
Mostly d’s: GO HOME. Because everyone needs to sometimes.
Mostly e’s: Vanuatu i.e the happiest island on earth. Let your cares drift away… escape the cold and return tanned and gorgeous. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5172254.stm